This purpose of this Notice is to explain how we, CoreMind Pte Ltd. and any of its subsidiaries and affiliates, as existing from time to time (“CoreMind”), handle personal data about our job applicants and to explain the rights that applicants have under data protection law. In this Notice, we refer applicants Personal Data as “Application Data”.
This Notice applies to applications submitted via our Careers websites and through third parties, such as recruitment agencies and job boards. It also applies to applications submitted via other means, such as by in-house referrals and physical mail or email.
1. COREMIND’S 10 DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES; APPLICANT DATA COLLECTED
- Accountability: CoreMind ensures our processing of Personal Data complies with our Global Data Privacy Compliance Policy and accompanying Guidelines.
- Fairness and Transparency: Communicate what CoreMind does with personal data.
- Lawful Processing: Make sure we always have a legitimate reason to process personal data.
- Purpose Limitation: Only collect personal data for a specific business need.
- Data Minimisation: Only process as much personal data as we need, and no more.
- Data Accuracy: Keep personal data accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Retention: Only keep personal data for as long as we need it.
- Security: Protect personal data from unauthorised disclosure or access.
- Individual Rights: Allow individuals the right to access, modify or erase their personal data, or object to it being used for certain purposes.
- Personal Data Transfers: Safely transfer personal data from around the globe to our US-based servers.
CoreMind will generally only collect personal data in the recruitment process that is necessary to assess your candidacy relevant to the position for which you applied. This may include the following categories:
- Information you provide in order to keep in touch with us about future job opportunities at CoreMind, such as your name, email, LinkedIn profile, location, field of expertise, kind of role you’re interested in;
- Information you provide in order to apply for an open with CoreMind — this information allows us to determine who you are and to build a picture of your capabilities and suitability for certain positions, such as your name, contact information, current company, information contained in your resume (i.e., professional qualifications, previous employment history, personal interests and experiences), information contained in your social media accounts or personal websites or accounts (LinkedIn, Xing, Twitter, GitHub), information about the type of work and projects you have been involved with and any other information you may wish to provide to us;
- Information collected by CoreMind as a result of the recruitment process, such as your performance externally, in your interview or other assessments we’ve coupled with the position, and information provided by your references or other third parties;
- Information related to citizenship and work regulations for CoreMind to ascertain whether any visa sponsorship is required to work in the geographic location offering the open position;
- Information you provide regarding disabilities and any required accommodations; and
Personal data about criminal convictions or medical information will only be sought where permitted by law. In most instances, we will indicate where the information requested is mandatory or optional.
2. WHAT WILL COREMIND DO WITH YOUR APPLICATION DATA?
The main purposes we use Application Data include:
- Supporting and Processing your Job Application, for example, so we can assess your ability to meet the job specification, in order to shortlist applicants and to verify references and professional qualifications provided by those applicants;
- Improving our Application Process, for example, to ensure that our Careers website is user-friendly and contains appropriate and helpful information; and
- Ensuring compliance with our Code of Conduct, for example, to ensure that we are living up to our values and maintaining an equal opportunities monitoring process.
We may verify the Application Data you provide during the recruitment process and/or collect personal data about you from external sources. If this occurs:
- You will be told in advance which aspects of your Application Data will be verified including an explanation of how we will collect the information; and
- Information about criminal convictions (if collected) or medical information will only be collected through official authorised sources and in accordance with applicable law.
CoreMind will only process your Application Data where we have a legal basis for doing so. Generally, we’ll be processing it to help us to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you. Other times we’ll be processing your Application Data because you’ve provided consent (which you can withdraw at any time), or due to legal obligations, or because it’s in our legitimate business interests (for example, where it’s necessary to understand our applicants in sufficient detail so we can deliver an effective recruitment service).
3. TO WHOM IS YOUR APPLICATION DATA DISCLOSED?
(a) Within CoreMind
CoreMind restricts access to Application Data to people within CoreMind to those who “need to know” that information. For example, certain individuals throughout CoreMind (e.g., recruiters, hiring managers, interview panellists, facility coordinators, systems managers) will have access to your Application Data in order to process your job application and manage the recruitment cycle.
(b) Outside CoreMind
CoreMind shares Application Data with authorised third party service providers in order to conduct and manage recruitment. For example, we may share your Application Data with these service providers in order to conduct screening and verification of your application and the information you’ve provided to CoreMind. This may include verifying academic and professional qualifications, general background information, or citizenship and ability to work under the applicable law.
Generally, CoreMind will only disclose your Application Data to third parties other than CoreMind or its Suppliers:
- when required to do so by law;
- in response to a legitimate request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency; and
- to seek legal advice from CoreMind’s external lawyers.
4. HOW LONG WILL COREMIND RETAIN YOUR APPLICATION DATA?
We keep your Application Data in accordance with our internal retention policies and procedures. Typically, if you are unsuccessful in your job application with us (or if you reject the position), we’ll keep it for a reasonable period of time so that we may contact you again if another suitable position arises.
5. WHERE DOES COREMIND STORE YOUR APPLICATION DATA?
Applicants in the European Economic Area (the “EEA”) and the UK should be aware that their Application Data will be transferred to, and stored, in the USA which has less strict data protection laws compared with those in Europe. It might also be processed by staff or our suppliers in other non-EEA jurisdictions which also have less strict, or no, data protection laws.
Whenever we transfer Application Data outside of the EEA or the UK, we take legally required steps to make sure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your Application Data and to make sure it is treated securely and in accordance with this Notice. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you can contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your Application Data and privacy rights in these circumstances.
6. EXERCISING YOUR RIGHTS
You may have the right to request access to modification or erasure of the Application Data CoreMind holds about you. You may also have the right to object to or restrict certain types of processing of your Application Data.
If you notice an error in your application that you would like to correct, please contact us using the contact information in paragraph 7 below.
Any request to exercise one of these rights will be assessed by CoreMind on a case by case basis. There may be circumstances where we are not legally required to comply with your request because of the laws in your jurisdiction or because of exemptions provided for in data protection legislation.
7. CONTACT US
Please contact us if you would like to find out more about any matters relating to this Notice. If you are still dissatisfied, you have the right to complain to your Data Protection Authority; however, we strongly encourage you to raise these issues with CoreMind first and allow us to seek resolution.