CoreMind is a leading Professional Services IT Management and Consulting company. We provide cutting-edge Business Automation and IT Management with Full-Scope IT Support solutions that are easy to integrate and deploy.
We have a high degree of professionalism and think carefully about the solutions we implement. Our clients come to us and expect to be able to converse about business or personal workflow issues in plain English and have our consultants jump in and set up or fix things quickly.
We’re looking to hire an experienced Technical Support Consultant to help us deliver world-class Support to our customers.
The Technical Support Consultant Role has a clear purpose: remove our client’s tech-related pains, quickly and efficiently. Ideally, you are more experienced, or possibly overqualified, for this role, but the part-time and flexible nature is what attracts you.
You have an end-to-end understanding of technology and are able to communicate solutions clearly and concisely. You are organised and think systematically about both technical and end-user issues. Doing phone follow-ups is not a problem for you because you have an inherent need to see the job through to its end.
This role provides a great opportunity to sharpen your skills and creatively solve what the client needs, not necessarily what they ask for. Our CTO, Ben will be your mentor in this role and you will join a team of A-Players who will support and encourage you to grow with every opportunity.
You should have
- Demonstrated experience working on the front lines of customer service and support
- Demonstrated experience in a technical support role involving both remote and on-site work
- This role will be ideal for someone with 3-5 years’ experience, but we are open to more experienced applicants
- Experience working for yourself or in small business. Enterprise experience is unlikely to translate well
- A breadth of technical skills and experiences across multiple consumer and small business-oriented platforms: computers, networks, tablets/smartphones, peripherals
- Desktop support skills across Windows 7 & 10
- PC hardware troubleshooting
- Home/small business networking – conceptual understanding and practical ability to diagnose and implement (WiFi, basic routing, switching, VPNs, DHCP & DNS)
- iPhone/Android setup
- Account management across Active Directory & Office365
- Application support skills across common business applications: Microsoft Office, Adobe etc.
- PC/Mac troubleshooting support & advice for individuals and small businesses/teams (Level 1 helpdesk)
- Ability to produce documentation for end users and internal technical staff
Customer Service Skills
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Great phone manner
- Professional in-person presentation (dress well, present well etc. as you will need to visit client sites)
- Patience and ability to explain technical phenomena in plain language
- Provable experience in triaging/prioritising issues and dealing with competing demands
- Outstanding personal organisation – task lists, time-tracking, schedule management
- “Upwards” management skills – influencing to get what you need from other busy internal staff and clients
- Metathinking – ability to analyse and optimise your own performance and change the way you work to suit the task at hand
- Multi-tasking: this is not a “deep focus” role. You will need to juggle competing priorities and maintain great state awareness, whilst going deep enough to solve most Level 1 & 2 problems
- Attention to detail and high standards for yourself and your team
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to change
- Observe opportunities for service delivery improvement and escalate to Management
Bonus points if you have
- Application packaging skills
- Linux (server) skills
- Programming/Database skills
- IT Management & Project Management skills
- Familiarity with common cloud software/platforms
Why join our team?
- Have the opportunity to earn great money – higher than standard compensation
- Flexible working hours both inside the day and across the week within business hours, with the majority of time spent in the mornings to early afternoons
- Perfect opportunity for someone looking for a work/study/life balance
- Be part of an amazing (but small) team. Your work will make a key impact on our ability to deliver world-class service
- Opportunities for growth: full-time position, transition into project/consulting services or management